The Mission of the Veteran Centre Mid North Coast (VCMNC) is to engage past, present and future veterans and their families to assist with benefit entitlements and transition from military to civilian life.
To provide opportunities for peer to peer support, mentoring and social networking and to raise awareness of veteran issues among the local community.
Objectives of the Centre
To provide a welcoming environment for all ex-service members and their families. The services that we provide include:
- A support centre for advocacy and pensions
- A quiet space with computer access
- Peer support and mentoring with our “drop in” facilities.
- Referral service to health professional resources
- Social support groups relating to veterans
- Provision of activity based social events
- Support for spouses and families of ex service personnel
Come join us. We can help with a friendly chinwag or come and just relax and watch our large flat-screen TV and have some time out. The coffee is always hot and discussions are usually lively.
Goals for 2016
- Coordinate with regional and national publications to produce two stories highlighting VCMNC activities and achievements
- Conduct two community service projects supporting veterans in the region
- Conduct workshops to help veterans get on their feet
- To connect with other ESOs both nationally and internationally
- Attend schools in the greater Coffs Harbour region to give talks about military life
- Establish relationships with community groups in the greater Coffs Harbour region