The Programs we offer are focused on achieving Wellbeing for the Veteran and their Families and are derived from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Wellbeing Model and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) Veteran-Centric Model.

DVA Wellbeing Model

DVA Wellbeing Model

AIHW Veteran-centred Model

AIHW Veteran-centred Model


We Are Your First Point of Contact


We Represent Your Case


We Support Veterans and their Families



Modern military training, conflict and disaster relief have completely changed membership of the veteran community. Today’s Wellbeing Advocate and Wellbeing Support Officers have a comprehensive understanding of the needs of veterans, ex-ADF personnel and their families, no matter whether your service was in WWII or you are still serving. Our Wellbeing Advocates link you and your dependents with government, private sector and community-based service-providers from cradle-to-grave.

As well as providing advice the wellbeing team conduct:

  • Hospital visits, Home visits, and Aged Care Facility visits as required
  • Bereavement Support
  • Liaison with local government bodies concerning veterans
  • Liaison with the New South Wales Government’s Office of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Liaison with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and their local Veterans’ Affairs Network (VAN) offices
  • Liaison with Aged Care Facilities within the area of responsibility
  • General assistance when requested, and
  • Transitional Management of discharging Australian Defence Force Personnel

If you or someone you know requires or needs someone to talk with, the on-call Wellbeing Advocate can be contacted on 02 5621 8108.

Useful Links for Wellbeing



Advocacy is the act of making representations on behalf of another to ensure that they receive a fair hearing of their case or an outcome which they seek. In our context this means providing support to veterans who are seeking entitlements, based on their service, from the Department of Veteran Affairs. It also means representing Veterans and their Families at Government forums, committees, workshops and Royal Commissions and giving veterans a voice within Government.

The role of the Advocate is to assist clients to prepare and present their case; through submission and representation, to the Veterans’ Review Board (VRB) or Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).

Advocates take on cases on behalf of veterans and Defence Force personnel in instances where their claims for benefits/entitlements have been rejected by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and they have a legitimate and strong case for appeal.

Like our Wellbeing Support Officers, many of our Advocates are former service people who can bring their experience and knowledge of military life to the appeal process.

If you would like to make an appointment to see an Advocate please call the centre on 02 5621 8108

Useful Links for Advocacy


Compensation and Payments

Our Compensation Advocates facilitate submission of claims for Disability Payments, War Widow(er)s Pensions, Service Pensions and applications for other benefits provided by DVA. All Compensation Advocates are ATDP qualified, which means they have completed training developed and accepted by Department of Veterans Affairs, are authorised to practice and follow a strict Code of Ethics.

They can assist you with all aspects of a claim and will act as your representative whilst it is being processed and can be contacted for updates on its progress.

An appointment is preferred for compensation and pension interviews but simple queries may be able to be answered over the telephone or by dropping in. To make an appointment please contact our Compensation Advocates on 02 5621 8108

At your interview with the Compensation Advocate, the following documents need to be made available (you may wish to begin gathering these even before you contact the Centre):

  • Proof of Identity (POI). The usual 100 points needed to open a bank account is satisfactory.
  • Official numbers and cards. DVA number if issued; White or Gold treatment card; Medicare card; and copies of any previous correspondence with DVA.
  • Military service documentation. An official Record of Service (including date of enlistment, date of discharge and the dates of any operational service) ; all military medical documentation associated with your injury/condition; all medical documentation associated with your injury/condition since discharge (if you are able to get them, Specialist reports can be very important to your case).
  • Personal information. Your residential address, phone number and email address if applicable.

Useful Links for Compensation